What Changes When My Hair Does? Gray- 3By Nicki On December 5, 2012 Under Aging and Activity, Aging Gracefully, Gray Expectations, Healthy Aging
Questions I have about changing my hair color:
1. Walking by a group of guys, gals and thinking, “Brunettes, blondes, redheads gets the looks. Gray heads- not so much.”
2. I will never, ever, ever be carded again except maybe to prove my AARP card is legit.
3. Will my current wardrobe go with my hair?
4. When I’m with my kids, will they think I’m their Grandmother?
5. What will the texture of my hair be like? Why do I have visions of the lady from Princess Bride? “Boo, Boo, Boo!” Wait, my hairdresser wouldn’t allow it. And seriously? Either would I.
6. Why do people keep telling me not to let my gray hair be long and stringy? Hellooo? I’m changing my hair color, I’m not changing my personal hygiene habits! And yes, I still do care about the way I look. (Argh, the stereotype continues to rear it’s ugly head.)
7. Will the color be a gorgeous gray or the mousy kind? If it’s mousy, can I bail out of this whole experiment? It’s my experiment so the answer is, “YES!”
So many questions and nothings even happened yet! A year? Wow…
Check out my column in today’s Naperville Sun !