Holiday Parties Sabotaging You? Plan Ahead!By Nicki On December 13, 2009 Under Biggest Loser, Diets, Exercise Barriers, Extreme Weight Loss, family obesity, fast and easy weight loss, Make you thin, Motivation, New Years Resolutions, Nutrition, obesity, Uncategorized, unhealthy dieting, weight loss
The season is upon us, parties, clients bringing well intentioned “gifts” of food and on and on the food frenzy goes. So, if you’re trying to stay on track and maintain a dedication to healthy living, what do you do? Simple, plan, plan plan.
1. Always eat breakfast and make it a protein filled breakfast so you’re full and not likely to nibble on the office treats that people bring in.
2. Stay hydrated. Remember, often times when we think we’re hungry we’re likely dehydrated. So get in your water, especially if you’re going to a party where alcohol is involved. 2 glasses of water for every glass of alcohol.
3. Bring your own dish to a party. If you’re going to a party where you know the food is not going to be at all healthy, bring your own. There are some fantastic holiday dishes you can make that will not leave you feeling deprived.
4. DO NOT SAVE UP CALORIES! Biggest mistake people make is saving calories and thinking that calories are insignificant. In truth, most people who “save up” their calories for a party are more likely to eat more calories at that one party than they would have eaten throughout the day.
5. Get over the “it’s the holidays” mentality. The problem is, foods that actually used to be reserved for the holidays are around 24/7 and it’s not just holiday food anymore. Sure, if there is something you don’t normally have, go ahead and have a piece or a bite or whatever. But don’t use the holidays to eat in excess, it’s tough on your body and even tougher to deal with come January 1st.
Here’s hoping your holidays are as healthy as they can be, as often as they can be.
Be sure and check out our store for some great “healthy living” gift ideas! Free T-shirt for orders placed BEFORE December 15th!